MY LIST OF TODAY'S SWEET TREATS

  • Jordan's
  • Pinterest
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • iPad Mini
  • Scandal Thursdays

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Sweet" sighs of relief

"Sweet"ings!
"Families are like fudge...mostly sweet with a few nuts" - Author Unknown
The little one keeps us on our toes. As we are trying to tell her to smile...the image is snapped and proves that she is the cutest little rascal!

In a time when so many things are uncertain and everything is "under one (or more) condition", I take relief in knowing that the love of my family/friends and fiance is unconditional and everlasting. From the matriarch of my family (my beloved grandmother) to the babies (my nephew); love is seeping through without filter. I feel blessed to know that no matter where life takes me and what may become of me, I am loved for the person I am and for whatever life shapes me to be.

My Grandmother/my <3! She has inspired me to reach for the stars and that through God all things are possible!
My nephew/Godson, Anthony Jr.! I am so happy to finally be an Auntie. From the day I laid eyes on him I was in love!
God has everything to do with it. I rest assured that through Him and in Him, I (as well as those I love and care for) will live joyfully in His love. It saddens me to to think that there are so many in the world going without that unwavering love and support of people in their lives.

In my lifetime, I have watched the world become an angry place with the undying echos of violence and suicides. Feelings of worthlessness and self-hatred are replacing the joy God has made attainable to us. "Gay" is no longer a word used to describe bright, lively, and happy feelings or moments; it is now the word that so many use to describe the distaste society has  placed before a man that is yearning for the love of another.

Love comes in all shapes, shades and sizes. Moms and dads, grandpas and grandmas, aunties and uncles, sisters, brothers, and cousins are the ones we can not choose. They sculpt the people we are and will become. Our "chosen" family (girlfriends/boyfriends, friends, and co-workers) are the ones who will refine the sculpture and mend any weathered cracks the years of wear and tear have done.

Those that do not have either are the ones I pray for in the evenings, the ones I think about in the morning, and the ones I cheer for during my afternoon walks.

My prayer is that the world will one day be a little warmer, a little smoother, and a lot less painful for us all. Unrealistic, maybe...but I will not give up on the power of prayer, because everyone deserves a "sweet" sigh of relief; that one day everything is going to be just fine!

Within you the joy of the Lord can/will keep you soaring, no matter what the circumstances

No comments:

Post a Comment